Vacancy: Communications and policy assistant on agriculture and biodiversity
IEEP is looking for an intern to join the Agriculture and Biodiversity programmes in Brussels for one month, with a possibility of extension under a paid vocational immersion contract for up to 12 months.
The successful applicant for this internship position will be embedded within IEEP’s Agriculture & Land Management and Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services research programmes, reporting directly to the Heads of Programmes and the organisation’s Communications Manager.
The successful applicant will:
- Support the implementation of IEEP’s communications strategy and, within it, the specific communication objectives of the two research programmes, including:
- Intelligence gathering and monitoring of European and international policy agenda (e.g. policy developments, meetings, news and opinions)
- Copywriting, proofing and drafting of blogs and opinions
- Managing of the website and social media
- Developing external & internal newsletters
- Maintaining the press database and relationships with the press
- Contributing to organisational and administrative tasks, including file management and event planning, including of the Think2030 conference and side-events
- Assisting in developing new membership and partnership opportunities.
- Undertake evidence-based analysis (literature reviews, data collection, interviews) to support ongoing and future policy research work of the research programmes.
This is a one-month unsalaried position with reasonable travel and lunch expenses paid, with a possibility of extension under vocational immersion contract (CIP) (€1100 gross per month) for up to 12 months.
All applications must reach us by midnight (CET) on Wednesday, 3 June 2020.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 3 June 2020
Send your completed application form to email@example.com, clearly marking the title of the email: ‘AGRI-BIODIV Communications and Policy Assistant_NAME_SURNAME’.