Webinar: Incorporating biodiversity into national strategies and action plans
Key outputs of the project ‘Lessons learnt from incorporating biodiversity and ecosystem service values into NBSAPs’ are now available:
- Incorporating Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service Values into NBSAPs - Roadmap to Support NBSAP Practitioners
- Incorporating Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service Values into NBSAPs - Guidance to support NBSAP Practitioners
- Incorporating Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service Values into NBSAPs - Annex: Country Case Studies
These were developed by IEEP together with UNEP-WCMC in the context of a project funded by Defra, and carried out in collaboration with the CBD Secretariat.
These publications are complemented by a webinar series that will take place on Wednesday 5th and Friday 7th of June 2013. The two webinars aim to build capacity in incorporating biodiversity and ecosystem service values into NBSAPs.
The webinars focus on the following issues:
- Webinar 1: June 5 (14:00 - 16:00 GMT). Module 1: The NBSAP revision process: An overview of the entry point and approaches which support the inclusion of values (UNEP-WCMC); Module 2: Biophysical approaches to support the incorporation of values: assessments and indicators (UNEP-WCMC); With a project introduction by IEEP.
- Webinar 2: June 7 (10 - 12:00 GMT). Module 3: Economic approaches to support the incorporation of values (IEEP); Module 4: Integrating biodiversity and ecosystem services values into national accounting frameworks (IEEP); With a project introduction by UNEP-WCMC.
While primarily targeted at individuals involved in the revision of NBSAPs, all interested parties can participate. The webinars will be recorded and made available via CBD’s NBSAP Forum.
To register interest in attending contact email@example.com