Vacancy: Chief finance officer
IEEP is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the CFO is a member of the Executive Management Group (EMG) of IEEP.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the design and implementation of IEEP’s financial strategy and systems
- Oversight of the day to day operations of IEEP finances;
- Assessment of IEEP’s financial performance;
- Reporting to the IEEP-AISBL and the IEEP London boards on the status of finances of all IEEP entities;
- Preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with auditors
- Ensuring both entities are compliant with financial and employment legislation
- Oversight of the income development strategy of the institute
- Management of finance and income development teams ( 5 FTE+)
- Management of the IT officer
- Oversight of the IT strategy of the institute as well as the maintenance of all related systems
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 7+ years of experience working in a finance role with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Strong experience of financial and management reporting;
- Knowledge of accountancy software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to clearly communicate with members of the research staff;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure, prioritise and deal with a high number of demands in a short space of time;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English; a third language is an asset
- Experience of working within the not-for-profit sector and a small organisation;
- Experience working with foundations, preferably EU and non EU ones
- Strong commitment to sustainability;
- Recognised accounting qualification;
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges of working with EU institutional clients
- Clear grasp of Belgian non-profit organisation requirements
- Good understanding of national and cross-border VAT issues
All applications must reach us by Friday, 22 January 2021 at 17:00 GMT.
Location: Brussels (preferred) or London
Remuneration: Between €53,000 and €58,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Deadline for applications: Friday, 22 January 2021 (17:00 GMT)
How to apply
Please have a look at the included job description. If you believe you fit the candidate specification and you would like to apply for this post, please:
- Fill in the application form. Follow the instructions contained within it, explaining your interest in the job and showing clearly how you meet the job and candidate requirements.
- Send a covering email together with your completed application form to email@example.com, clearly marking the title of the email: ‘Chief Finance Officer’.