Vacancy: Project finance officer
IEEP is looking for a Project Finance Officer to join the Finance and Operations team. The post reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the organisation. The Project Finance Officer is responsible for all financial dimensions linked with the projects conducted by IEEP.
The Project Finance Officer carries for example the following activities:
- To process the sales invoices of both IEEP London and IEEP AISBL with adequate
monitoring of the payments (credit control)
- To oversee the financial aspects of project reporting and project audits
- To work closely with IEEP project managers in all financial dimensions linked with
- To ensure the maintenance of a filing and e-filing system for IEEP projects
- To work closely with other members of the operations team on issues related with
project management (e.g. timesheets, tendering)
- To support the budgeting of both IEEP London and IEEP AISBL with actuals
reconciliation on a regular basis and in a timely manner
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant accounting qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in finance and administration
- Experience of working within the not-for-profit sector and a small organisation
- Experience with EU service contracts, H2020 and philanthropic grants
- Numerate with excellent attention to details
- Experienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages
- An ability to prioritise and deal with a high number of demands in a short space of time.
- A professional and discreet approach; and an understanding of the importance of complete confidentiality.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
We are looking for a key member of the IEEP team who:
- is dynamic, proactive and has strong organizational skills;
- is an excellent communicator;
- likes to take initiatives and feels comfortable working in a small finance/admin team.
All applications must reach us by Friday, 22 January 2021 at 17:00 GMT.
Location: Brussels or London
Remuneration: Between €37,000 and €42,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Deadline for applications: Friday, 22 January 2021 (17:00 GMT)
How to apply
Please have a look at the included job description. If you believe you fit the candidate specification and you would like to apply for this post, please:
- Fill in the application form. Follow the instructions contained within it, explaining your interest in the job and showing clearly how you meet the job and candidate requirements.
- Send a covering email together with your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly marking the title of the email: ‘Project Finance Officer’.