The Manual: Chapter 7 - Resource use
This publication forms a section of the Manual of European Environmental Policy, published by IEEP in 2012. This publication forms a section of the Manual of European Environmental Policy, published by IEEP in 2012. This chapter illustrates the variety of laws, policies and guidance documents that have been adopted by the European Commission, Parliament and Council to improve the efficiency of our use of natural resources, and to reduce environmental impacts throughout a product's life cycle.
There is a focus on resource management to push the EU to a more sustainable pattern of consumption, which is illustrated through measures to improve the environmental performance of vehicles, batteries and electrical equipment, as well as sustainable production, management and packaging of products.
- 7.1_Resource_use_overview_-_final.pdf 467.56 KB
- 7.2_Integrated_product_policy_-_final.pdf 471.76 KB
- 7.3_Sustainable_consumption_and_production_and_sustainable_industrial_policy_SCP_-_SIP_action_plan_-_final.pdf 219.9 KB
- 7.4_Ecolabelling_-_final.pdf 418.82 KB
- 7.5_Packaging_and_packaging_waste_-_final.pdf 293.9 KB
- 7.6_Batteries_-_final.pdf 306.4 KB
- 7.7_End_of_life_vehicles_-_final.pdf 335.48 KB
- 7.8_Waste_electrical_and_electronic_equipment_WEEE_-_final.pdf 348.12 KB
- 7.9_RoHS_-final.pdf 404.58 KB
- 7.10_Related_legislation_-_resource_use_-_final.pdf 263.31 KB
- 7.11_International_conventions_and_cooperation_-_resource_use_-_final.pdf 184.45 KB