The Manual: Chapter 10 - Noise
This publication forms a section of the Manual of European Environmental Policy, published by IEEP in 2012. This chapter contains various pieces of EU policy which regulate noise pollution.The directives in this chapter generally have two purposes: to ensure that noise limits for products do not create barriers to trade; and progressively to reduce noise limits from transport for environmental reasons.
Individual directives covered include: ambient noise, public transport vehicles; motorbikes; aeroplanes and tractors. Further legislation is discussed includes: the Household Appliances Directive and the Noise in the Work Place Directive.
- 10.1_Overview_of_EU_policy_Noise_-_final.pdf 256.65 KB
- 10.2_Assessment_and_management_of_noise_-_final.pdf 281.99 KB
- 10.3_Cars_buses_lorries_and_trains_-_final.pdf 407.71 KB
- 10.4_Motorcycles_-_final.pdf 213.42 KB
- 10.5_Tractors_-_final.pdf 206.39 KB
- 10.6_Aircraft_-_final.pdf 290.47 KB
- 10.7_Outdoor_Equipement-_final.pdf 295.82 KB
- 10.8_Noise_in_the_workplace_-_final.pdf 271.34 KB
- 10.9_Household_appliances_-_final.pdf 214.53 KB
- 10.10_Related_legislation_-_noise_-_final.pdf 192.7 KB
- 10.11_Historic_Legislation_noise_outdoor_equipment_-_final.pdf 213.87 KB