Event | Unlocking the potential of biocontrol
This event co-organised by IBMA Global, IBMA France and IEEP will highlight the role that biocontrol solutions can play in trying to reach the objectives of the European Green Deal and the Farm to Fork Strategy.
Tuesday 29 March
An IEEP report published in June 2021 showed how biocontrol can offer a systemic and balanced solution for sustainable agriculture. In order to enable the use of biocontrol for farmers and accelerate its application, this event will be the opportunity to discuss the need to simplify biocontrol solutions and to differentiate them from other procedures in order to bring them to market safely, along with the appropriate policies.
Moderator: Joanna Sullivan, Green Deal Strategist, Professor in Climate Diplomacy
- Jérémy Decerle, MEP, Renew Europe Group
- Benoît Grimonprez, Law Professor, Poitiers University
- Maria Pilar Aguar Fernandez, Director, Health and food audits and analysis, DG Santé, European Commission
- Faustine Bas-Defossez, Director of External Impact, Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Denis Longevialle, Secretary General, IBMA France
- Jennifer Lewis, Executive Director, IBMA Global
- Cédric Prevost, Deputy Director of Support for Food and Agroecological Transitions, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Government of France
13:00 - 13:10: Opening remarks by moderator
13:10 - 13:55: Panel 1 | Unlocking legal constraints to widespread biocontrol deployment
13:55 - 14:20: Panel 2 | Making biocontrol mainstream now Tous Ensemble
14:20 - 14:30: Closing remarks by moderator
For more information about the event, you can contact Isabelle Pinzauti Babrzynski, Advocacy and Communication Manager at IBMA: email@example.com.