Transforming our approach to water and wetlands
IEEP and UNEP are hosting two webinar discussions on the values of water and wetlands and how to mainstream these values into policy-making in order to promote wise use and management.
When: Thursday 12 December 2013
Time: 11.00 - 12.15 and 16.00 -17.15 PM CET
- TEEB Water and Wetlands and the multiple values of wetlands
Patrick ten Brink, Head, Brussels Office, Institute for European Environmental Policy
- The state of wetlands and commitments to their wise use
Nick Davidson, Deputy Secretary General, Ramsar Convention on Wetlands (Morning slot)
- Policy instruments to progress towards wise use
Daniela Russi , Senior Policy Analyst, Institute for European Environmental Policy
- How the ecosystem approach can contribute to the wise use of wetlands
Ritesh Kumar, Programme Manager, Wetlands International, South Asia (Afternoon slot)
- Approaches to assess the multiple benefits of protected areas
Marianne Kettunen, Senior Policy Analyst, Institute for European Environmental Policy
The first four presentations build on the insights of the TEEB for Water and Wetlands Report. The final presentation introduces key insights from the new book: Social and Economic Benefits of Protected Areas edited by Marianne Kettunen and Patrick ten Brink of IEEP.
To register please see the flier below: